a better workflow?

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Jul 24 01:42:37 UTC 2019

This is very helpful information. I've long thought about doing something like this, but never quite had the crying need until now. And given my short-term peripateticism (summer at my in-laws' in Massachusetts, followed by a year's stint in Cambridge, UK, followed by another month's visit to my in-laws', all while my main home is rented out), this is not viable for now. But it does drive home the advantages quite well. And it describes exactly the trouble I thought I might get into with AWS, once I realized how big a machine I would need to make it worthwhile -- and how manual my interactions with it would have to be.

Thanks for writing this up. It convinces me to give up on AWS and either find another solution or live with what I have now.

Richard