Gitlab workflow

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:38:46 UTC 2019

Hi Simon,

No it is not possible due to the use of Marge to merge patches. Gitlab
automatically chooses the merged status as follows:

Consider two MRs both which target HEAD.

MR 1: HEAD <- A
MR 2: HEAD <- B

Marge creates a batch which contains both MR 1 and MR 2. Once the
batch succeeds, firstly MR 1 is merged.

HEAD <- A

MR 1 is closed with the *merged* status because A was merged directly
into HEAD and it matches the state of MR 1.

Then patch B gets merged and now master looks like:

HEAD <- A <- B

MR 2 is closed with closed status because B was merged into master
after A, not directly onto HEAD (as the original MR was).

There is no option to change this status in the gitlab API.

Cheers,

Matt