Gitlab workflow

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 5 07:37:53 UTC 2019

Ben
Still trying to understand GitLab.  Look at MR 1352 https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/1352

  *   It clearly says on the first page "The changes were not merged into master"
  *   But lower down (at the end) it says "Merged in 80af..."
What should I believe? Merged or not merged?
Also

  *   It would be really helpful if a MR status, displayed prominently at the top, had "Merged" as a status, not just "Closed".  If I'm trying to check if my has landed, and I see "Closed", that could mean that someone has (doubtless for good reasons) closed it manually, and that it will never land.

Would that be possible?
Thanks