Thoughts on the Contributing page

Andrey Mokhov andrey.mokhov at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 19:43:27 UTC 2019

Andreas, Alp:

> > - On windows build.bat defaults to stack which I think has never
> > worked on my box.
> Andrey? (cc'd him)

Actually `build.bat` calls the Cabal-based build script. This was a relatively recent change, and we plan to stick to it in the long term, while still providing an alternative `build.stack.bat`.

> There are also a few quality of life issues like ctrl+c not canceling
> the build on windows.
> Which I hope will be resolved at some point but not sure if these
> should be showstoppers.

Indeed. I hope it's not difficult to fix this, but I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Cheers,
Andrey