Reviews

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Thu Jan 10 17:45:41 UTC 2019

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> |  > When submitting a review, I often want to add an overall comment, not
> |  related to  a particular line of code?  How do I do that?
> |
> |  I do that by going back to the "Discussion" tab and adding something at the
> |  bottom.
>
> But alas then it does not form part of the review, landing as a single
> email. It becomes a separate, disconnected comment.

Right, while code comments are transactional unfortunately "discussion"
comments are currently not. I'm not sure there are currently plans to
change this.

Another issue is that apparently GitLab still sends one email per
comment instead of one comment per batch. This will evidently be fixed
in GitLab 11.6 [1].

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/4326