Commit comments - call for opinions

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:28:50 UTC 2019

I am in favor of option b) as it fits in better with the "gitlab way
of things". If we are to use gitlab then we should use it as it's most
intended rather than trying to retrofit trac practices which have
accrued over many years.

Adding commits as comments is just a hack in trac to work around
missing native support for the fundamental operation of linking a
commit to.

I don't really see that it is much more inconvenient to click on a
link to see the commit, the hash can be hovered over to see the commit
title.

Clicking on the link will then also give the full commit message but
also the full set of changes as well which is probably more useful.

Cheers,

Matt