Missing library in Mac OS X instructions?

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher at daml.com
Mon Aug 19 09:08:58 UTC 2019

Hi Alejandro,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 2:11 AM Alejandro Serrano Mena <trupill at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to get GHC working from the repo in Mac OS X following the
> instructions in
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/building/preparation/mac-osx. At
> first I got the "error __GNU_MP_VERSION not defined" problem, for which
> the guide recommends to prepend "CC=clang"  to "./configure" , which I did.
> But even then, I also had to install "gmp" using "brew install gmp".
> 1. Is it right that I need to install gmp using brew or did I miss some
> previous step?
> 2. If (1) is affirmative, how can I help update the docs for building in
> Mac OS X?

I've encountered this problem. In my case it turned out that I had a rogue
`cc` executable in my path. See
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/16904 for details.

--
*Shayne Fletcher*
Language Engineer */* +1 917 699 7663

--
This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary