Missing library in Mac OS X instructions?

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 06:11:22 UTC 2019

Hi,
I tried to get GHC working from the repo in Mac OS X following the
instructions in
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/building/preparation/mac-osx. At
first I got the "error __GNU_MP_VERSION not defined" problem, for which the
guide recommends to prepend "CC=clang"  to "./configure" , which I did. But
even then, I also had to install "gmp" using "brew install gmp".
1. Is it right that I need to install gmp using brew or did I miss some
previous step?
2. If (1) is affirmative, how can I help update the docs for building in
Mac OS X?

Regards,
Alejandro