Phabricator new behavior regarding submitting patches for reviews

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:20:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

One of the changes with the recent Phabricator update is that we can no longer
submit a patch for reviews until the build bot successfully builds it. I can't
even ping people in the comment section until the patch builds. It says:

> These changes have not finished building yet and may have build failures. This
> revision is currently a draft. You can leave comments, but no one will be
> notified until the revision is submitted for review.

The "submit" button now says "submit quietly".

This is really annoying because

- It takes several days for build bot to build a patch (I have a patch that has
  been in the queue for 3 days now and it's still counting)

- I can validate a patch on my laptop in an hour. (slow validate takes about 2-3
  hours) Previously I could get approvals, and then test locally and push. Now I
  can't do that unless I email people about the patch.

- In the previous version I could submit an incomplete patch for comments, now I
  can't do that because no one will be notified and there's no way to ping
  people to explicitly draw attention (again unless I email people).

So if possible (without downgrading it) could we bring back the old behavior
(perhaps there's a setting about this?)

Thanks,

Ömer