Fwd: compiling GHC: undefined references

Douglas Wilson douglas.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 04:23:42 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Douglas Wilson <douglas.wilson at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: compiling GHC: undefined references
To: Németh Boldizsár <nboldi at elte.hu>

Hi Boldizsár,

I infer from the path names that you are on windows? It's likely that you
have not correctly configured your machine, since this commit passed
validation on windows here:
https://phabricator.haskell.org/B19134

Can you double check that you have followed the instructions here:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Preparation/Windows

> Before the errors I have a warning:

Warning: -rtsopts and -with-rtsopts have no effect with -no-hs-main.
>     Call hs_init_ghc() from your main() function to set these options.

This is normal.

> The only change I made is fixing some simple type errors in
> utils/ghc-cabal/Main.hs that stopped compilation.
>
> It is very unusual for HEAD to fail to compile, and CI indicates that it
does compiles on the test systems in this case.

Good luck!
Regards,
Doug WIlson