The Trac Wiki and the GitLab Migration

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Fri Dec 28 20:13:02 UTC 2018

Ara Adkins <me at ara.io> writes:

> Hey All,
>
> I’ve been doing a decent amount of thinking about the GitLab migration
> and realised that I’d not seen any discussion of what we plan to do
> with all the information in the Trac Wiki. If there has been some and
> I’ve missed it I apologise.
>
> In essence, I’m wondering what the current plan is! Will we leave it
> in place, or so we plan to move the content to a wiki on GitLab?

The wiki content will also be moved to GitLab. However, the
content in the Wiki tends to use significantly richer markup which has
posed trouble for the markup conversion. The conversion will almost
certainly require a bit of manual cleanup; we are currently trying to
workout the right compromise between manual post-processing and fixing
the Trac parser.

Cheers,

- Ben