How to test master after breaking changes

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:51:24 UTC 2018

Hello devs,

Wiki page on testing says that in order to run all tests you have to
install additional packages:

https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/RunningTests/Running#AdditionalPackages

and kindly provides a command to do this:

cabal install --with-compiler=`pwd`/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2
--package-db=`pwd`/inplace/lib/package.conf.d mtl parallel parsec primitive
QuickCheck random regex-compat syb stm utf8-string vector

After the af9b744bb
<https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/af9b744bbf1c39078e561b19edd3c5234b361b27>
one of the packages, primitive, does not build anymore. At least, its last
released version on Hackage. I see that the problem has been fixed on
primitive's master (a2af610
<https://github.com/haskell/primitive/commit/a2af610c08c5f5afc496f907bf6b2a4b8da6a665>).
But what should I do to actually test master branch of GHC now?

--
Best wishes,
Artem