More windows

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:00:04 UTC 2018

Hi Simon,

Hmm I'm not sure about replacing sh with bash. I think bash has some
Non-POSIX extensions that may affect the behavior of valid posix scripts.

Is bash --login slow as well? How about once sh or bash starts, are
commands still slow then?

I assume your computer is domain joined and you may be hitting a very long
standing issue with certain domain joined machines
https://github.com/Alexpux/MSYS2-packages/issues/138#issuecomment-70813762

The solution seems to be to cache the user info locally instead of it
having to query the domain controller everytime. See solution 2 here
https://gist.github.com/k-takata/9b8d143f0f3fef5abdab for instructions

Does that help the problem?

I believe you had a similar problem last time setting up a new machine. At
that time magit was also slow.

Kind regards,
Tamar