Can I get the internal name of a package at runtime?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:11:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:48 PM, MarLinn <monkleyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the "actual" package name seems to be "Plugin-0.0.0.0-2QaFQQzYhnKJSP
> RXA7VtPe".
> That leaves the random(?) characters behind the version number to be
> explained.

ABI hash of that specific package build, which is needed because compiling
with different optimization levels etc. will change what part of the
internals gets exposed in the .hi file for inlining into other modules;
mismatches there lead to *really* weird behavior. (If you're lucky, it'll
"just" be a type mismatch in code you didn't write, because it came from
the .hi file. If unlucky, it compiles but dumps core at runtime.)