Unifying verbosity flags (ticket #12822)

Sergey Bykov captaintrunky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 10:53:18 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm working with the #12822 task, which is a refactoring for the
verbosity flag. It should be reimplemented in a way, similar to the
'optimization' flag. After studying the codebase, specifically
*optLevelFlags*, I'm stuck with the following questions:

 1. Should I add a new data 'VerbosityFlag' similar to GeneralFlag,
    DumpFlag, etc or should I extend any of existing data types?
 2. How to determine a set of verbosity options to implement? Is
    grepping through all the codebase and adding corresponding options a
    good approach?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,