8.2 and earlier build times

Tim McGilchrist timmcgil at gmail.com
Tue May 16 21:40:02 UTC 2017

Very interesting, that would suggest there is some improvement in build
times.

I want to test out compile times with each of those compilers on our
pathological worst case dependency amazonka (
https://github.com/brendanhay/amazonka)
and a library we've built on top of it mismi (
https://github.com/ambiata/mismi) today. The code in both have a lot of
derivings for data types which seems to be one of the slowest parts.

I'm not that conversant with stack as a tool but were these compile times
with optimisations on / off?