8.2 and earlier build times
cma at bitemyapp.com
Tue May 16 18:08:42 UTC 2017
I did a build time test with hackage.haskell.org/package/bloodhound today.
I tested 8.2 (RC), 8.0, 7.10, and 7.8. I used Bloodhound in part
because it has very few but very large modules which is sort of a
pathological case for GHC right now.
I first built the deps and library with each compilers and then reran
the build once or twice until the results stabilized. The build
re-built the V5/Types module and the examples depending on that
module. I triggered a build by adding/removing newline characters in
the V5/Types module.
I've pushed the build targets / stack.yamls to the git repository:
Here are the results:
126.37s user 2.26s system 101% cpu 2:07.16 total
147.44s user 2.24s system 100% cpu 2:28.93 total
163.38s user 2.14s system 100% cpu 2:44.64 total
129.12s user 2.30s system 101% cpu 2:10.09 total
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Currently working on http://haskellbook.com
More information about the ghc-devs