Removing Hoopl dependency?

ning w email at ningwang.org
Wed Jun 14 01:24:36 UTC 2017

Thanks Ben.

Both A and B (mentioned in Simon's reply) are good alternatives as long as
existing Hoopl users are NOT forced to upgrade when they upgrade Cable or
Stackage.  Otherwise, we will see more forks of Hoopl.   Once Cable and
Stackage gain the multi-version capability, A and B can be merged back to
Hoopl as a major release.

In my experience, Hoopl based optimizations/program analyses tend to use a
lot of memory, but they are also easy to verify. So it's still a useful
tool in some special use cases.  If the performance of Hoopl can be
improved, it will certainly be more useful.

Cheers,
Ning