More TRAC ticket statuses?

David Feuer david at well-typed.com
Wed Jun 7 23:46:36 UTC 2017

There are (at least) two situations that I don't think we currently have a good way to track:

1. A new bug has been verified, but we do not yet have an expect_broken test case.
2. A bug has been fixed, but we are waiting for a test case.

Lacking (1) means that we have to manually dig through the ticket database and try things out in order to knock down tickets that should have already been closed. Lacking (2) means that a ticket could potentially get stuck in "new" status after someone's already done practically all the work required to fix them. What should we do about this?

David