StablePtr / StableName ?

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:38:16 UTC 2017

StableNames do use the RTS hash table implementation, but StablePtr does
*not*, the ticket is incorrect.  But to be clear, nothing has changed -
StableName has always used this hash table implementation.  No doubt it
could be faster if we used a better hash table, but whether it matters to
you or not depends on what else your application is doing - is StableName
in the inner loop? You'd have to measure it.

Cheers
Simon