nofib on Shake

Michal Terepeta michal.terepeta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:43:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM Gracjan Polak <gracjanpolak at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I was looking nearby recently and you might want to take into account my
> discoveries described in https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/11501

Thanks a lot for mentioning it! (I didn't see this ticket/discussion)

I don't want to get in your way - did you already start working on
something? Do you have some concrete plans wrt. nofib?

>From my side, I was recently mostly interested in using nofib to
measure the performance of GHC itself. Nofib already tries to do that,
but it's super flaky (it only compiles things once and most modules
are small).  So I was thinking of improving this, but when I started
to look into it a bit closer, I decided that it might be better to
start with the build system ;) And then add options to compile things
more than once, add some compile-time only benchmarks, etc.

Thanks,
Michal