Trac to Phabricator (Maniphest) migration prototype

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Tue Jan 10 18:51:53 UTC 2017

Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear devs,
>
> I have completed writing a migration which moves tickets from trac to
> phabricator. The conversion is essentially lossless. The trac
> transaction history is replayed which means all events are transferred
> with their original authors and timestamps. I welcome comments on the
> work I have done so far, especially bugs as I have definitely not
> looked at all 12000 tickets.

We discussed this a bit in this week's GHC call and the general feeling
was that it would be nice to have a comprehensive list of the pros and
cons somewhere. I pasted my notes on the Wiki [1] as a starting point.

Matthew, would you like to add your thoughts there as well?

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Phabricator/Maniphest