GHC-API unloading from external interpreter

Németh Boldizsár nboldi at elte.hu
Fri Dec 15 05:46:14 UTC 2017

Dear GHC Developers,

I'm using the GHC API to load Haskell modules and extract their syntax
tree. I need to generate code where TH is used (by default I do
in-memory linking). I've run into some trouble with external
interpreter. When -fexternal-interpreter is NOT set, I use Linker.unload
to remove bytecode from the global linker before reloading modules.
However it is not applicable when external interpreter is used and I
could not find corresponding functionality in the GHCi module (where
communication with external interpreter is implemented).

I've recently created 2 tickets related to this question:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/14576,

Can someone help me with this problem?

Best Regards,
Boldizsár Németh