GHC release timing and future build infrastructure

Michal Terepeta michal.terepeta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 19:30:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 4:19 AM Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just posted a pair of posts on the GHC blog [1,2] laying out some
> thoughts on the GHC release cycle timing [1] and how this relates to the
> in-progress Jenkins build infrastructure [2]. When you have a some time
> feel free to give them a read and comment (either here or on the Reddit
> thread [3]).
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
>

> [1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/2017-release-schedule
> [2] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/jenkins-ci
> [3]
> https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/6qt0iv/ghc_blog_reflections_on_ghcs_release_schedule/

Hi Ben,

This sounds really cool! I'm pretty excited about more automation and
GHC releases more than once a year (maybe every 6 months?).

In my experience both automation and regular releases are a
significant win. They often result in more and quicker feedback, are
more motivating and make it easier to iterate/improve the project and
keep it in "releasable" state.

So thanks a lot for working on this! :)

Cheers,
Michal