How, precisely, can we improve?

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Wed Sep 28 01:51:22 UTC 2016

I'm quite leery of using a new site (readthedocs.org), as it creates yet another platform for contributors to understand. Reducing the number of platforms has been a fairly clearly-stated goal of these recent conversations, as I've read it.

Despite agreeing that wikis are sometimes wonky, I thought of a solid reason against moving: we lose the Trac integration. A Trac wiki page can easily link to tickets and individual comments, and can use dynamic features such as lists of active tickets. These are useful and well-used features. I don't know what's best here, but thinking about the real loss associated with moving away from these features gives me pause.

Richard