Notes from Ben's "contribute to ghc" discussion

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 01:19:33 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Manuel M T Chakravarty <
chak at justtesting.org> wrote:

> Why are you so hostile to Chris? I don’t think that this is an appropriate
> way to treat somebody who is making a suggestion in good faith.

It may be in good faith. but it's not in good sense. There is a lot in the
background that made Rust's setup possible, and he's not bringing that to
the table, just assuming it'll somehow happen or that everyone else will
drop everything for the next few months and make it happen. And I feel like
he's being really pushy about committing already overworked people to this
--- and insisting that anyone opposed must have a hidden agenda or
otherwise cannot possibly have good reason to be opposed. It's not helpful
at all; it's basically a good way to stall ghc for the next few months at
least.