Register Allocator Tests

Thomas Jakway tjakway at nyu.edu
Tue Oct 11 21:50:06 UTC 2016

I read somewhere that fixing the graph register allocator would be a
good project so I thought I'd look into it. I couldn't find any tickets
about it on Trac though so I was poking around for tests to see what (if
anything) was wrong with it.

After I sent that last email I googled around for how to write ghc unit
tests and this
<https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2014-January/003916.html>
is the only thing I found.  Is it not possible to unit test GHC? If not
are there plans/discussions about this?  I think it'd help document the
code base if nothing else and it'd be a good way to get my feet wet.