GHC 8.0.2 status
m at tweag.io
Tue Oct 4 06:58:51 UTC 2016
while in the eye of the cyclone, as we're waiting for these last few OS X
issues to clear up... I was wondering, do you currently have a means to
"vet" release candidates before cutting a new release?
More to the point, to check that a point release like these doesn't include
any breaking changes it might be useful to try compiling all of Stackage
with it, even if it's just once, much like the Stackage curators do. As you
may have seen a few hours ago, e.g. singletons doesn't compile using the
current GHC 8.0.2 candidate (tip of ghc-8.0 branch). It did compile just
fine using 8.0.1. And FWIW it also compiles okay with GHC HEAD.
Likely this has been discussed before. So I'm just enquiring about status
regarding adding this item in the workflow.
Founder at http://tweag.io.
On 29 September 2016 at 19:54, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> The week before ICFP I was able to get the ghc-8.0 branch ready for an
> 8.0.2 release, which I intended to cut this week. In the intervening
> time an additional rather serious issue was reported affected Mac OS X
> Sierra (#12479). Since this issue affects the usability of GHC on the
> new OS X release, we'll be deferring the 8.0.2 release until it has been
> While there appears to be an actionable path forward on this ticket, we
> will need someone with an affected machine and an understanding of GHC's
> use of dynamic linking to step up to implement. Otherwise it looks like
> the release will be delayed at least until October 9, when darchon has
> time to have a look.
> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
> - Ben
> ghc-devs mailing list
> ghc-devs at haskell.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ghc-devs