Initial compile time benchmarks

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Mar 31 08:49:04 UTC 2016

Hi Ömer,

thanks for the log. This is roughly GHC HEAD, right?

I wanted to check for low-hanging fruit in “my” code, so I compiled
Data.Reflection, where your tool reports 12% time spent in Call Arity.

But if I run it with profiling, it says 3.5% of time is spent in that
pass, and if I run your tool on the timing output produced by a
profiled GHC, I get 8.3%, and on the output of a a development build, I
get 3.8%.

So what is your setup: How did you compile GHC, and with what options
are you running it?

Greetings,
Joachim

--