Syntax changes due to TypeInType

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:13:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to update the haskell-src-exts parser for the syntax
changes in GHC 8 but I'm struggling to find information about what
exactly the kind equalities patch has changed. Could someone please
give me a brief overview about what changes were made to the parser?

I was waiting for the manual entry (D1995) but whilst it is
illuminating about the semantic changes, the syntactic changes are a
bit less clear to me.

A very high-level overview would be helpful so I can then look at the
diff to find the finer details.

Matt