Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Mar 10 15:58:48 UTC 2016

Ccing Edward, who may have some insight here.

Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> writes:

> Actually that raises a question: is it possible to set a top level ghci
> option file pragma for having a module to fobject code ? That would be nice
> for exactly this reason. Fobject code doesn't seem to work as of 7.10,
> though it seems to be listed as dynamic as of 8.0 rc2, does that mean it'll
> work for those of using ghc 8.0 ??

It does not work as far as I know. I don't believe the problem was ever
that -fobject-code wasn't a dynamic flag; I suspect the reason is that
by the time we see the pragma we've already committed to compiling the
module. That being said, I'm not as familiar with this part of the
compiler as I'd like to be.

Cheers,

- Ben