New type of ($) operator in GHC 8.0 is problematic

Ericson, John john_ericson at brown.edu
Wed Mar 2 17:56:29 UTC 2016

I dispute your second point a bit: I consider any Prelude changes a
standard library change than a language change, not withstanding the fact
the Prelude is imported by default. Any beginner-language library can still
be imported from normal code. Likewise a "hygienic copy paste" would simply
import the beginner prelude qualified and mangle identifiers as necessary.

I'm inclined to think the Racket way is the only true solution here.

John