Why upper bound version numbers?

Christiaan Baaij christiaan.baaij at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:29:34 UTC 2016

Given that I'm the maintainer of the 'clash' package, I wanted to say
that the 'clash' package has been deprecated in favour of the
'clash-ghc' package (for some time now, and this is stated on hackage).

Sadly, 'clash-ghc' will not compile on ghc 8.0.1 right now either; it
only compiles against ghc 7.10. I will update the installation
instructions on the website and in the haddock documentation to mention
this fact.
A version of 'clash-ghc' that compiles against 8.0.1 is not due for
another month.

If you have any more questions about installing clash, I strongly
encourage you to either email me, or the clash-mailing list
(http://groups.google.com/group/clash-language), and not use this

Regards,

Christiaan