x86-64 unknown-linux

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Mon Jun 6 02:46:39 UTC 2016

On Linux, the builds are keyed by the OS name they were built on. This is
because systems like CentOS have different versions of libgmp, glibc than
e.g. Debian derivatives. So they actually refer to different paths, are
built against different APIs depending on what's available, etc. That's why
the names are distinguished; in the past only Debian-based builds were
offered, but I started building CentOS versions in the 7.8.x era.

The debian-based builds are normally the 'lowest common denominator' that
works on all modern systems. Given that, you want:

https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.1/ghc-8.0.1-x86_64-deb8-linux.tar.xz

If you have a problem, just yell.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Richard Eisenberg <eir at cis.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to download GHC 8 binaries for Arch Linux on an x86-64
> architecture. I assume I'm looking for an unknown-linux build, and it looks
> like what I want is a Tier 1 platform, according to
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms   Yet I don't see this
> release in https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.1/
>
> Can you help?
>
> Thanks!