Proposal process status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Jul 20 09:36:55 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

As you hopefully know, a few weeks ago we proposed a new process [1] for
collecting, discussing, and deciding upon changes to GHC and its Haskell
superset. While we have been happy to see a small contingent of
contributors join the discussion, the number is significantly smaller
than the set who took part in the earlier Reddit discussions.

In light of this, we are left a bit uncertain of how to proceed. So,
we would like to ask you to let us know your feelings regarding the
proposed process:

  * Do you feel the proposed process is an improvement over the status
    quo?

  * Why? (this needn't be long, just a sentence hitting the major points)

  * What would you like to see changed in the proposed process, if
    anything?

That's all. Again, feel free to reply either on the GitHub pull request
[1] or this thread if you would prefer. Your response needn't be long;
we just want to get a sense of how much of the community feels that 1)
this effort is worth undertaking, and 2) that the proposal before us is
in fact an improvement over the current state of affairs.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/1