Linker.c broken

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Jul 4 11:26:10 UTC 2016

"Boespflug, Mathieu" <m at tweag.io> writes:

> On 4 July 2016 at 12:36, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:
>> Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I will fix it, sorry about this.  Unfortunately I can't really add a
>>> Windows validate into my workflow because it would mean rebooting my laptop
>>> into Windows and not doing anything else for several hours.  We need some
>>> CI support for Windows - Ben/Austin any thoughts on this?
>>>
>> I agree; this would be great. I have a Windows machine which I'd be
>> happy setup as a builder although I'm afraid it's behind NAT, so
>> integration with Harbormaster may require some tunneling.
>
> Just a suggestion - the easiest and most reliable would probably be to
> simply use Appveyor for this. They offer a hosted and fully managed CI
> service very similar to Travis CI - only difference being it runs
> tests on Windows boxes. And just like Travis CI, it's free!
>
> The advantage of a hosted CI service is that no one except Appveyor
> need to worry about keeping the build bot highly available.
>
> Only downside is their machines in the free tier can be a bit slow.
> But that's a problem that can be iterated on as the need arises.

I've noticed that several of the core libraries rely on Appveyor with
good results. However, I had assumed that GHC would exceed the maximum
build time of their free tier since the build takes a few hours on my
Windows box. It seems that Appveyor has a one-hour build duration limit,
similar to Travis.

Cheers,

- Ben