Unexpected lack of change in ghcspeed results

Reid Barton rwbarton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:50:37 UTC 2016

Hi Joachim,

I was interested to see what effect the recent commit "Restore original
alignment for info tables" (0dc7b36c) would have on performance. However,
when I look at
http://ghcspeed-nomeata.rhcloud.com/changes/?rev=0dc7b36c3c261b3eccf8460581fcd3d71f6e6ff6,
I don't see the expected binary size increase (about 1%) that I got in
local testing. Instead, the size increase appears to be attached to commit
0d92d9cb6d65fd00f9910c3f6f85bc6c68f5543b.

I notice that these two commits, along with three others, were committed at
exactly the same time (Wed Jan 27 11:32:15 2016 +0100), presumably in a
rebase. Could this be confusing ghcspeed?

Regards,
Reid Barton