[ANNOUNCE] Shaking up GHC

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:35:42 UTC 2016

with ghc 8.0.0.20160111, cabal install shake fails with

[43 of 47] Compiling Development.Shake.Args (
src/Development/Shake/Args.hs, dist/build/Development/Shake/Args.o )

src/Development/Shake/Args.hs:1:1: error:
    solveWanteds: too many iterations (limit = 4)
      Unsolved: WC {wc_simple =
                      [D] _ :: Eq a (CDictCan)
                      [D] _ :: Ord a (CDictCan)
                      [D] _ :: Read a (CDictCan)
                      [D] _ :: Show a (CDictCan)
                      [W] hole{a4gTO} :: a ~ a (CNonCanonical)
                      [D] _ :: Eq a (CDictCan)}
      New superclasses found
      Set limit with -fconstraint-solver-iterations=n; n=0 for no limit

Is this a known problem?

Thanks