vectorisation code?

Geoffrey Mainland mainland at apeiron.net
Fri Jan 22 14:17:03 UTC 2016

On 1/22/16 8:05 AM, Ben Gamari wrote:
> Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au> writes: > >> The way I see it, the main cost of keeping DPH around is to handle
>> breakages such as that with vector. I can’t promise to address those
>> in a timely manner, which is why I agreed to disable/remove DPH. >>
>> However, as Geoff stepped forward, this issue is solved. As for the
>> overhead in compile time etc, I don’t think, it is that much of a >>
deal. During development, most compiles runs are incremental anyway. >>
> Judging by the VCS history it seems that nothing happened in response
to > this thread. Geoff, do you see yourself having time to pick this up
in > the near future? > > If not, perhaps we should pick up this matter
again and seriously > consider parking this code in a branch until
someone is able to pick it > up again. > > Cheers, > > - Ben

Yes, I am willing to do the work to get DPH back into the build in the
near future. However, that only makes sense if we are willing to build
DPH regularly. Also, I can't be solely responsible for all breakage
resulting from DPH; DPH has regularly exposed bugs in the past, which is
one reason to get it back into the regular build, but I can't promise to
fix all problems that might be exposed by DPH in the future :)

If I put a patch on Phab that updates DPH, are we willing to make DPH
part of the regular validation script again?

Cheers,
Geoff