issues on Glasgow Haskell Compiler 8.0.1, release candidate 1

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:43:01 UTC 2016

Hi Ben

Yes this fixes the issue I found on the Mac. Although it seems there is a
minor problem that I encountered:

sudo make install
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644  docs/users_guide/ghc.1
"/usr/local/share/man/man1"
install: /usr/local/share/man/man1/ghc.1: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install_man] Error 71
make: *** [install] Error 2
bash-3.2$ rm /usr/local/share/man/man1/ghc.1

Also, again minor, with either source or binary distribution I am seeing
the following warnings:

Warning:
/var/folders/9b/rh4y2gy92hgdb6ktv4df1jv00000gn/T/pkgConf-data-ordlist-0.4.78235644401115438165.0:
Unrecognized field abi on line 15

​when doing cabal installs, e.g. cabal install data-ordlist

I believe somebody else asked, do we intend to distribute llvm with 8.0.1.
If so I will wait for the next release candidate to test llvm otherwise I
will install llvm 3.7 and test llvm

Thanks
George
​