New type of ($) operator in GHC 8.0 is problematic

Takenobu Tani takenobu.hs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:18:56 UTC 2016

Hi Manuel,

> * Introduce the concept of overloading right away. People get that easily,
> because they use overloaded arithmetic functions in math, too.
> (Num and Show are the typical classes to explain it at.)
> As an example, see how we do that in the first chapter of our new Haskell
> tutorial: http://learn.hfm.io/first_steps.html

This is straightforward and elegance tutorial! I like this.

As you know, I'll share one point to list.

It's better to assume that "beginners are not only students in
universities".
Beginners are also engineers, hobbyist, teenager, your friends and your
family.
Someone of them will touch to Haskell alone and learn with self study
in a little bit of knowledge.

If they feel complex at first impression in their 1st week,
they would go back before they realize beauty of Haskell.

Sometimes, I'm worried about it.

Regards,
Takenobu