Fwd: Is anything being done to remedy the soul crushing compile times of GHC?

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Tue Feb 16 17:58:57 UTC 2016

Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> writes:
> It would be great if we could get users to submit their
> computationally-heavy, toy projects. Unfortunately, the best testcases
> for us are those with no dependencies outside of the core libraries and
> these projects aren't terribly common.

This appears extremely unfortunate, because it is *the* metric that is
really representative of end user experience.

There is a number of factors that affect speed of the builds, and one
could imagine how the profiles for the entirety of build process can
vary due to the amount of cross-module dependencies, for example.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей