[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.0.1 release candidate 2

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:57:49 UTC 2016

> [...] To this end I recommend the following,
>
>  * Someone propose a consistent vocabulary for warning flag names
>
>  * We keep -fwarn- flags as they are currently
>
>  * We keep the inconsistently named -W flags corresponding to these
>    -fwarn- flags
>
>  * We add consistently named -W flags alongside these
>
>  * We set a timeline for deprecating the inconsistent flags

This plan looks perfect.

> Sven, perhaps you would like to pick up this task?

Alas, I don't have many spare development cycles at the moment, especially
given the relatively tight timeline for 8.0.1. I have just enough time to
grumble about some GHC details on this list. ;-) More seriously, after
Herbert's option survey my proposal is quite short:

   * Use "sigs" or "signatures" consistently (doesn't really matter which
one)

   * Use "pattern-synonyms", not "pat-syn"