Help needed: Restrictions of proc-notation with RebindableSyntax

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Sat Dec 24 03:32:16 UTC 2016

To clarify my comments in this thread around desugaring: I was referring to the concrete Haskell code as written in GHC, not at all to an abstract desugaring algorithm. The implementation of arrows in GHC uses fixM, which is a nuisance. And I don't understand the code well enough to be able to untie the knot. I have a solid workaround for the time being, but it's indeed a workaround.

Richard