Request for feedback: deriving strategies syntax

monkleyon at googlemail.com monkleyon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 06:34:30 UTC 2016

> Honestly, I don't care particularly much which exact word it becomes
> just as long at isn't some 'cute' or obscurse[1] word.
>
> 'magic' belongs in the 'cute' category, I think and 'bespoke' belongs in
> the latter.
I'm native German. I never was in any English-speaking country in my
life. Almost all my English media is from the USA. I'm not a tailor. Yet
"bespoke" was familiar and instantly tells me what's important.
So I may just be one point on the map, but I am not sure your argument
that it is "obscure" is valid, sorry.

That being said, let me add a package of "awwww"s for all the times an
English native complains that he has to learn a new word to program.
Take a portion and pass it along, would you? ;)

Apropos learning words: while searching for information if "bespoke" is
really obscure (I found none in either direction) I stumbled upon some
(I think) not-yet-mentioned possible options

* custom(i[zs]ed)?
* tailored
* idiosyncratic (uh, yeah!)

Yet my vote is with "bespoke". Short, informative, recognizable, and a
nice balance of quirky and reasonable, just like so much else here.

Cheers,
MarLinn