Help on first ticket

Richard Fung minesasecret at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 01:40:55 UTC 2016

Hello! Sorry for taking so long on this..

I am still struggling with it and feel like I should probably ask for some
assistance or guidance at this point.

I think I am beginning to understand the first half of this: making sure
that the inlining information is saved regardless of the optimization
level. It seems like I need to change the functions that are called from
tidyProgram which take the variable omit_prags?

However, I am completely lost as to where this inlining takes place.. I
have been trying to look at simplifyPgm in SimplCore.hs, but haven't really
been able to see where the inlining happens..

Could anyone give me any suggestions? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm in
over my head as this is my first time working on a compiler so almost
everything is new to me. On the other hand I'm certainly learning a lot
along the way.