RE: perf.haskell.org’s list of branches got more useful

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 25 13:54:09 UTC 2016

|  Generally, UI that needs extensive documentation is bad UI.
|  So if the interface is confusing, gipeda needs to be improved (and may
|  it be with “title” tags that explain the fields). If there are concrete
|  issues with the page, let me know, and I’ll try to improve the
|  interface.

Well that's a great aspiration, but it is a hard one to deliver on.  I am completely flummoxed by almost every element of the current page. (And not just this UI, but many others.)

* Nothing says what the baseline is; your email specifically says that you have changed the baseline

To take the first line of the "Branches" section

* What does "2 days ago" mean?
* What does "3 commit to cb300e" mean?
* What does 276 mean
* What does the little histogram mean?
* What does 0+0- mean?

I'm short, I'm lost.  I need a little page with an example and explanations of each element.

Simon