GHC 8.0.1-rc4 source tarball availability

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Fri Apr 22 14:27:18 UTC 2016

tl;dr: If you would like to produce a binary distribution for GHC
       8.0.1-rc4 then let us know, grab the source distribution and
       start building. The binary distributions will be all released one
       week from today.

Hello GHC packagers,

I am happy to announce the release of the 8.0.1-rc4 source distribution
to binary packagers. This release should resolve all of the issues noted
in the release candidate 3 announcement. You will find the usual
artifacts at

    http://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.1-rc4/

For this candidate we are again following our new release policy [1],
with a one-week delay between the release of the source and binary
distributions. The goal of this policy is to give all platforms the
opportunity for support from the first day of a release.

If all of the expected binary releases are submitted before the
week-long delay has elapsed, we will move forward with the release of
the binaries on an accelerated schedule. It would be appreciated if you
could reply to this message confirming that you intend to offer a binary
distribution this release.

Otherwise, let either Austin or I know if you have any trouble building
your distribution. I have yet to push the ghc-8.0.1-rc4 tag in case we
encounter unexpected issues but all of my builds with this tarball
thusfar have gone quite well.

Good luck and thanks for all of your work!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2016-March/011546.html