[commit: ghc] wip/T10613: State hack hack in ticky report (02493dc)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Apr 15 11:38:57 UTC 2016

Dear Simon,

Am Freitag, den 15.04.2016, 11:04 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones:
> The commit message says something about "tick reports", but the
> change to the code is entirely un-commented, and appears to have
> nothing to do with ticky reports.
>
> Could you add a comment or Note to explain?

sorry that this happens so often; but this is again just a work-in-
progress-commit on a wip branch, and as such not yet in the polished
stat required to go to master.

This commit makes a bit more sense when seen in conjunction with

    30b9061317ea7b834339d9458c46bd6b9108d947
    Be more explicit about closure types in ticky-ticky-report

which is already in master (and where, upon reading right now, I’m not
sure if the current code

    mkLFReEntrant top fvs args arg_descr
      = LFReEntrant top os_info (length args) (null fvs) arg_descr
      where os_info = idOneShotInfo (head args)

is really the right away, or whether the idOneShotInfo of all arguments
should be used here (I think you said something along these lines, I
failed to follow up on it).

Greetings,
Joachim
--