GHC 8.0.1-rc3 source tarball availability

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue Apr 12 08:10:48 UTC 2016

George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Ben, none of this is obvious to me :) I just read the doc which
> doesn't mention distclean or rebuild ​ which I have never had to do on
> earlier source distributions​
>Hi George!

Sorry for the poor choice of words, indeed the tracking down issue like this
is anything but obvious; thanks for your time identifying this one!

For the record, `make distclean` is a more thorough variant of `make
clean`; distclean'ing a fresh source distribution should never
be necessary, although it is often a good first step just to make sure
things are in a known state.

> . I did a make distclean, then a configure, then a make -j5 and got the
> same error. by rebuild do you mean do it again starting from scratch?
>
> I did google the error, i.e. 'Haskell "_stg_sel_17_upd_info" ' and found
> that a few people have encountered this this month. Most importantly it led
> me to https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/11155#comment:10 :

Ahh, great find! Yes, it sounds like this issue is still not resolved
although the fact that it now only appears to occur on OS X boxen is
rather odd. Let's continue this discussion on the ticket.

Cheers,

- Ben